I am sick and tired of hearing about the Super Bowl but I am even sicker of hearing about an odd duck named Donald.
Being a fairly unsophisticated political bumpkin and desirous to further my education I checked Wikipedia for further details about Donald Duck.
Here is what I found:
“Donald is most famous for his semi-intelligible speech and his mischievous and temperamental personality.
His anger is a great cause of suffering in his life. On multiple occasions, it has caused him to get in over his head and lose competitions.
There are times when he fights to keep his temper, and he sometimes succeeds in doing so temporarily, but he always returns to his normal angry self in the end.
Donald is also a bit of a show-off. He likes to brag, especially about how skilled he is at something.”
Blimey! Is this the character running for president? No?
Is there another Donald?
Excuse my French, but the above description fitted mister Trump so well that I thought they were really talking about him.
Wanting to know a little more about mister Trump I went back to the Internet and I found that this is what the man said while campaigning for the highest office in the land:
- “I’m the most successful person to ever run for the presidency, by far”
- “The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.”
- “I will build a great wall — and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me —and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”
- “One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace. Good people don’t go into government.”
- “The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear “yamaka”s every day.”
- “Hillary Clinton was the worst Secretary of State in the history of the United States. There’s never been a Secretary of State so bad as Hillary. The world blew up around us. We lost everything, including all relationships. There wasn’t one good thing that came out of that administration or her being Secretary of State.”
- “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.”
After carefully reviewing his background and profanity laden tirades, I reluctantly (not really) came to the conclusion that Donald Trump is egotistic, bombastic, crude, racist, sexist, prejudiced.
Am I leaving something out?
And this is the man who is going to “Make America great again”. I don’t think so.
I cannot help thinking that this guy reminds of Benito. Do you remember him? Il Duce. “Il Duce ha sempre ragione” (The Duce is always right).
This fellow also wanted to make Italy great again. If I remember correctly, it did not work too well for him.
But like all bullies, Donald has a tongue of steel and feet of clay.
I predict that by mid-summer this duck will stop quacking and return to live in splendid isolation in his golden pond.